Need to know any of the following? Need to fix the situation fast?
- How SQL Server indexes work
- How to design SQL Server indexes
- Why SQL Server seems to be ignoring the indexes that you designed
- How data type choices affect indexes
- If filtered indexes would work better in your application
- How to check whether or not SQL Server "likes" your index
- How to avoid having too many indexes
- Which indexes you can remove
If so, this course is for you! And as well as detailed instruction, the course also offers optional practical exercises and quizzes to reinforce your learning.
Dr Greg Low is an international consultant, developer and trainer. He has been working in development since 1978, holds a PhD in Computer Science and a host of Microsoft certifications. Greg was the first certified master for SQL Server world-wide. He is the Managing Director for SQL Down Under, a Data Platform (SQL Server) MVP, host of the popular SQL Down Under podcast series, and a member of the Microsoft Regional Director program.
StartFiles, extents, and pages (1:37)
StartWhat is a heap? (2:59)
StartTables as heaps (7:11)
StartWhat is a clustered index? (4:58)
StartTables with clustered indexes (7:33)
StartNon-clustered indexes (2:31)
StartNon-clustered indexes over heaps (6:23)
StartNon-clustered indexes over clustered indexes (5:19)
StartLab 1: Table and index structures
StartLab 1 Answers
StartQuiz 1: Table and index structures