Are you worried about protecting private or sensitive data?
- Or more importantly, will you get blamed if it all goes wrong?
- Do you understand how SQL Server encryption can help?
- Don't know your cell-level encryption from your Always Encrypted with Secure Enclaves?
- Don't know why adding a digital signature to a stored proc might be helpful?
- Need a refresher on keys, certificates, hashes, digital signatures, and encryption?
If that's you, this course is for you! And as well as detailed instruction, the course also offers hands-on labs with downloadable resources, quizzes to check your learning, and a certificate on completion.
Dr Greg Low is an international consultant, developer and trainer. He has been working in development since 1978, holds a PhD in Computer Science and a host of Microsoft certifications. Greg was the first certified master for SQL Server world-wide. He is the Managing Director for SQL Down Under, a Data Platform (SQL Server) MVP, host of the popular SQL Down Under podcast series, and a member of the Microsoft Regional Director program.
StartWhat are cryptography and encryption? (1:39)
StartEncryption vs obfuscation (2:08)
StartSymmetric key cryptography (1:55)
StartPublic key cryptography (1:34)
StartCryptographic algorithms (1:24)
StartApplying salt (1:52)
StartDigital envelopes and signatures (1:10)
StartQuiz 1: Core encryption concepts